Friday, March 6, 2009

"Make me happy, not suicidal"


A READER WRITES: "This blog is supposed to increase happiness? Now I might be missing something, but I get enough doom and gloom from the RTE News, Vincent Browne and Pat Kenny without you joining in......get back to basics........make me happy, not suicidal".
  • If you are not happy here and now, as you read these words, then you never will be - Author Unknown
  • I don't know why we are here, but I'm pretty sure that it is not in order to enjoy ourselves - Wittgenstein
  • You can never get enough of what you don't need to make you happy - Eric Hoffer (Readers will note that U2 stole this idea for a line in one of their songs)
  • Unhappiness is best defined as the difference between our talents and our expectations - Bono (that's Edward de Bono, not Bono)
  • Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family in another city - Burns
  • It is only possible to live happily ever after on a day to day basis - Bonnano
  • Love is a condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own - Heinlein
  • What a wonderful life I've had! I only wish I'd realized it sooner - Colette
  • Happiness is a form of courage - Holbrook Jackson
  • One should be either sad or joyful. Contentment is a warm sty for eaters and sleepers - O'Neill
  • Happiness is a function of accepting what is - Werner Erhard
  • It is strange what a contempt men have for the joys that are offered them freely - Duhamel
  • The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure to wonder whether you are happy or not - George Bernard Shaw
  • I have diligently numbered the days of pure and genuine happiness which have fallen to my lot: they amount to fourteen - Abd-El-Raham

No comments:

Post a Comment