Friday, February 12, 2010

Most Played Songs on My iTunes over the Last Year





I really have to bite the bullet here, and just come out with the truth, no matter how embarrassing. I wonder is there anyone out there who could do this honestly and not feel a little mortified about one or two of the songs that crop up? Anyway, here, in reverse order, are the twelve most played songs on my iTunes from last year. If you want to find out about the latest cutting edge music, er, you’re in the wrong place. But doing this is a revealing exercise. It’s a good way of finding out what music you really like, as opposed to what music you think you really like. I’m sure the below list reveals something about who I am. But what?

12. Wish You Were Here – Wyclef Jean

11. Crazy In Love – Beyonce

10. Mr Brightside - Killers

9. You Make it Easy – Air

8. Today – Smashing Pumpkins

7. Last Night – The Strokes

6. Paradise by the Dashboard Light - Meatloaf

5. There is a Light that Never Goes Out – The Smiths

4. At the River – Groove Armada

3. Nancy Boy – Placebo

2. Somewhere Only We Know – Keane (Sweet Jesus! This really is the second most listened to song on my iTunes! The evidence is there. There is no way to deny it. How is it possible that I have listened to this song more than, say, a masterwork like Meatloaf's “Paradise by the Dashboard Light”?)

1. Just Like Heaven – The Cure

No comments:

Post a Comment