Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Welcome back

The blog is back! Just in time to miss the Irish Blog Awards for a second year running. But here’s the interesting thing: during its Sabbatical, this website got almost as many hits as it did when I was updating it on a daily basis. I find that remarkable. For example, on February the fifth 2010, for some bizarre reason, I got a MASSIVE amount of hits. Millions of them. Maybe even trillions of them. I don’t recall the exact figure but whatever it was, it was phenomenal. Now my question is: Why? Why did this happen on February 5th? What’s so great about February the 5th? Why, according to Google Analytics, did people in Zimbabwe, Mississippi, Oman, and Peru all suddenly decide to read this website on February the 5th?

And my other question is: why should I bother updating my website if I get almost as many hits when I don’t even bother my arse with it?

Well, here is the answer: the quantity of readers has not declined, but I suspect that the quality of the readers has. All I’ve been getting is freaks and fly-by-night fair-weather friends. In a bid to reverse this disturbing trend, I have decided to make a comeback. This website wants serious readers. This website wants readers who are worth having. This website, to put it frankly, wants YOU.

Over the next while I’ll be conducting a review of the previous year. So sit back, crack open a beer, give yourself a pat on the back, and enjoy the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment