Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Is this blog disappearing down the toilet?


A READER WRITES: “I note with alarm that there have been virtually no comments in the last couple of days! Is this a sign? If so, of what? Perhaps they are still reeling from reading this article in the Telegraph. In other news, I have just realised my cousin bears more than a passing resemblance to Barack Obama - Is this a sign? If so, of what? Yours in Christ”
BB SAYS: According to Google Analytics readership of this blog is stable. So, yeah, I think people are just too depressed to comment. It’s February after all. Why would anyone want to comment about anything during the most depressing month of the year? I further think that many of my recent posts are just so good that they simply require no comment. I also suspect that some of the blowhard, fly-by-night readers have retreated, leaving the more thoughtful, private types – people who don’t tend to fire off spontaneous comments quite as much. Instead, they are biding their time, waiting for me to say something silly or inaccurate, so that they can then pounce when spring arrives.

Also, I edit out many comments - such as “Your blog has taught me that there is nothing on the Internet that I won’t masturbate to”. Amusing, but I want to keep the tone fairly civilised.

As for your cousin – we all know that Barack O’Bama has ancestors from Offaly and Longford. You probably do too. The similarities are almost certainly the result of shared genes. Brian Cowen is also from Offaly. Separated at birth? You decide.

No comments:

Post a Comment