Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Reader fails to accomplish anything with his life


A READER WRITES: “I feel that I have not accomplished anything worthwhile with my life. What should I do?”
BB SAYS: You did not ask to be born. You did not ask to live. You did not ask to be a human being. Nobody consulted you beforehand. Your current condition was INFLICTED on you. Therefore, you are under no obligation to accomplish anything, or to try and accomplish anything. What is an “accomplishment” any way? Activity is pointless, “accomplishments” are illusory. Liberate yourself from the ridiculous notion that you are obliged to “accomplish” something. Then you can start to actually enjoy your life. Enjoying your life is the only genuine accomplishment. In order to start doing this, I recommend going for a nice walk. While you are walking, closely observe what you see around you.

No comments:

Post a Comment