Wednesday, January 28, 2009

SABBATICAL

Many readers have contacted me, wondering why there have not been too many posts today. I’m afraid I may need to reduce my blogging for the next while (for two days maybe) – in a belated attempt to salvage something of my marriage, my career, my health, my sanity, my life. In truth, I am exhausted. I can no longer carry the burden of my readers’ problems to the extent that I have been doing. If I were to have my own breakdown, then how could I still be expected to help others?

But fear not, I will still respond to truly urgent requests for help. I will not abandon you. No. I will not leave you.

In the meantime, I recommend that you re-read the existing posts. Savour them. Cherish them. Ponder them deeply. Print out the ones that mean the most to you, and carry them with you everywhere. You will find that these posts are literally inexhaustible. Their real meaning will only reveal itself to the most careful, thorough and diligent readers. But read no more than one or two posts a day, because there is a danger that the density of thought contained in them could lead to a mental overload, if you consume too many in one go.

Happy Philosophising. And remember the wise words of Socrates: "the unexamined life is not worth living".

Do YOU have a problem? Leave an anonymous comment, or send your problem in confidence to brianbarrington@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment