Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Reader “increasingly bored by economic recession”


A READER WRITES: “When this whole economic dowturn thing kicked off I felt excited and energised. It was fun for a while. Now the novelty has worn off. It’s the same damn thing every night on the news - this bank has collapsed, that bank has collapsed. I mean Jesus Christ, just how many bloody banks are there out there? Or are the same banks just collapsing over and over again? Frankly, I’m bored with it and I feel that certain elements in our society have been PULLING THE ARSE OUT OF IT. Brian Barrington, please end the recession”.
BB SAYS: I wish I could, Reader, I wish I could. But I fear that ending the recession is beyond even my enormous powers. However, I feel obliged to strike a positive note amongst all this economic doom and gloom: 53% of economists reckon there is a 65% chance that the country will avoid going bankrupt, in which case there is a 72% chance that the recession will only last 12 years. So don't worry, only another 12 years to go …

No comments:

Post a Comment